Meet Our Staff
"Fine Wine From The Vine"
Arrowhead Wine Cellars creates award winning wines year after year with the best European, native and French hybrid grapes and fruit available, which are grown on their 250-acre farm. What is it that makes their wine standout in a region full of vineyards and wineries?
Lake Erie, rich soils, and a unique climate--taking a raw material and lovingly transforming it into a beautiful product that they love to bottle and share. Creating fine wines is all about the process and at Arrowhead Wine Cellars they see the process from growing to bottle, making sure it's the best wine from the vine.
Our process includes:
- Growing - The growing of the crop. We are very meticulous when it comes to going that extra mile to make sure our vineyards are well taken care of and our final product reflects that.
- Harvesting - When it’s time to harvest, we turn into an almost 24hr operation. Our picker doesn’t stop. We run two tractors that pull a trailer with three grape bins. Once a grape bin is filled it runs back to the winery to be unloaded while the 2nd tractor moves into position. It’s a continuous cycle, so there is no down time.
- Pressing - All of our fruit pressing is done in house. Whether they are grapes, cherries, blueberries or peaches, we control the entire process
- Fermenting and aging - With an in house winemaker AND a chemist, we are able to ferment and age our award winning wines to perfection.
- Bottling - With our new bottling system, what was once a three or four man process, is now easily done with two, if need be, one person.
- Storage - We store all our products on site, so until it’s in the consumer’s hand, we have complete control of it.